The atmosphere was festive on Saturday, March 12th as Tango lovers, foodies and friends came together at Most Wanted Fine Art for Cafe Con Leche's first Sobremesa dinner. Guests were treated to a traditional Puerto Rican holiday meal of pernil (roast pork), arroz y habichuelas (rice & beans), baked yucca, boiled plantains with mojo, arroz dulce (coconut rice pudding) and coquito. Cafe Con Leche's March Latino Resident Artist, Resaca Tango Duo, entertained guests with live Argentinean Tango music.
The next Sobremesa dinner will be on Saturday, April 16th where we will be co-hosting with Feijoada To Go to see what it tastes like when Puerto Rico meets Brazil in the kitchen. APRIL TICKET SPECIAL: Two tickets for $100. Special is good until 4/8!
Cafe Con Leche's top five favorite moments of March's Sobremesa
- An impromptu live Tango performance led by Alejandro Pinzon (one half of Resaca Tango Duo) and Sobremesa guest (and local Tango professional) Greta Polo.
- Feijoada To Go's Founder & Operator, Keyla Cook, impeccable eye for detail in making the the gallery feel like home.
- Jason Sauer's Art Car installation. Have you had you #PGHFamous picture taken in front of it yet?
- IKEA's dinnerware, making the Sobremesa table feel so festive!
- The never ending bottles of coquito that kept on being passed around. Special shout out to those of us who put the coquito in their coffee after dinner!