Cafe Con Leche is an award-winning events production + digital media platform focused on Latino culture based in Pittsburgh, PA. We curate live events and digital media that highlight the best of Latino art, food and community. Currently Cafe Con Leche is managing an Artist Residency program, hosting monthly Puerto Rican supper club dinner and publishing a weekly blog.
Cafe Con Leche is hiring for a part time, temporary Executive Assistant + Event Planner that will 1) provide administrative support 2) be responsible for some logistical aspects of Cafe Con leche events + marketing 3) manage Cafe Con Leche's general communications.
The Executive Assistant + Event Planner will work very closely with Cafe Con Leche's Creative Director, ensuring that Cafe Con Leche administrative tasks are completely on a timely basis to a satisfactory result. They will be interacting with multiple personalities and entities on behalf of Cafe Con Leche. Availability on nights and weekends is mandatory, as many events occur in the evening and/or on the weekend. Some weeks with events may be more busy then other weeks with no events, candidate must feel comfortable with maintaining a flex schedule, a different kind of work flow and working independently.
Cafe Con Leche is looking for someone who represents our brand's tone and values. A "go-getter" attitude, ability to be flexible and a commitment to good customer service are key qualities to success in this position. We believe in the power of relationships, identity and place.
This position is a contract, part time position: 10-15 hours a week, $20 an hour for three months (July, August, September). You are required to provide your own laptop, cell phone and transportation. After three months there is the possibility for a permanent position, pending funding and performance review.
- Administrative tasks: Manage Cafe Con Leche's calendar, info email, blog editorial calendar, check voicemail, respond to messages
- Social Media + Marketing support; manage "Latinoburgh" brand
- Logistical support for the Cafe Con Leche Artist in Residency Program + Sobremesa supper club dinners
- Event planning support for The Fuerza Awards + other Cafe Con Leche events as needed
- Attend events representing Cafe Con Leche; manage professional relationships between Cafe Con Leche and our partners
- Provide creative input for developing digital content
- Basic computer + typing skills; Google Drive; Microsoft Word + Excel
- Social media + communications
- Extremely organized
- Self motivated, good at working with minimum supervision
- Able to juggle multiple projects
- Strong writing skills/enjoys writing
- Graphic design or other artistic ability is a big plus!
- Bilingual in English and either Spanish or Portuguese preferred
- Administrative work
- Managing calendars
- Art gallery or museum experience
- Social media management + marketing
- Project management
- Event planning
- Working in small office environments
- InDesign, PhotoShop or other design program
- Retail, restaurant or other customer service
- Able to work well with others
- Positive + energetic attitude
- Knowledge of contemporary Latino art, music or media
- Public speaking experience
- Leadership experience
- Interest in cooking or serving food
Position is now closed.