Cafe Con Leche's Founder + Creative Director, Tara Sherry-Torres, is a community leader, experienced public speaker and trained facilitator. As a Creative Entrepreneur, Tara believes in the power of self authorization, the importance of relationships and the transformative nature of culture. Her focus is on cultivating spaces that inspire leadership and contribute to building strong communities. Tara's experiences as a community organizer, social worker, event planner and world traveler have give her a unique perspective to building communities.
Tara Sherry-Torres is available to be a keynote speaker, topic expert or lead an educational training for your event or group. For more information please fill out the form below.
Topics of Expertise
- Self Authorization
- Community Organizing + Development
- Importance of Culture in Placemaking
- Latino Political + Economic Power
Past speaking engagements include
- Pittsburgh Community Redevelopment Group (PCRG), 2016 Community Development Summit "Focus on Place" panelist.
- NPR's "Going There: Pittsburgh" with Michel Martin, panelist
- Keynote Speaker for Hispanic Heritage Month 2015, The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
- Panelist for "Ideas & Individuals Shaping 21st Century Metro Areas" moderated by Mayor Bill Peduto, Thrival Festival 2015.
- Panelist for "Beyond the Hastag", Pittsburgh PodCamp 2015.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-626-7350 for inquiries.